Kick-Ass Pregnancy Training:
A Performance-Based Approach
Earn CEUs for ACE, AFAA, NASM
This performance-based approach to pre- and post-natal training is different than other workshops. While most models adopt the strategy of minimizing risk so as not to overtax expectant moms or their babies before the big day, Carolyn views the pregnancy journey in a fundamentally different light; one that requires major preparation because of the incredibly demanding act of delivery and the very physical nature of motherhood.
Rather than thinking of your role as simply minimizing your clients' risk, Carolyn believes that you should train expectant moms like the athletes that they are, by maximizing their performance.
After all, childbirth is called labor for a reason and your clients deserve the best preparation possible for, what many will say is, the most physically-demanding feat of their lives.
As a former collegiate athlete, current Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), passionate teacher, and now mom, Carolyn blends her unique perspective into a fresh approach to working with this under-served population.
In her 5-hour course Carolyn will guide you through an in-depth look at:
- The 3 goals your pregnant clients need training for
- The physiological, hormonal, and biomechanical changes of pregnancy
- Key anatomical and postural adjustments throughout the nine months
- Contraindications and medical considerations
- Specific programming strategies for each trimester
- The essential role of the deep core, pelvic floor, diaphragm, and the thoracic breath
in managing intra-abdominal pressure
- Fundamental movement patterns and new mom ADLs
- Postpartum reconditioning exercises to help mom heal from common conditions, such as diastasis recti and pelvic floor disorder
In addition, you will learn assessment tools for the post-natal client and a systematic approach to their early recovery so that you can feel confident when your clients return back to the gym (or if you begin working with new postpartum clients).
These tools will help you provide your clients with more effective (and evidence-based!) strategies so that they may have a stronger nine months, a smoother delivery, and a quicker recovery.
To find out about upcoming workshops, click below:
If you are a facility owner, Carolyn relishes the opportunity to share this workshop with your team. To schedule an exclusive presentation at your facility so that your trainers thrive with the practical skills and confidence they will learn through this professional development opportunity, contact Carolyn at: email@example.com